Telepo Business Communication Solution 3.2 solves the converged needs of enterprises with rapidly growing mobile workforces. It extends the range of advanced voice and messaging functions and provides intelligent call routing across fixed and mobile devices. The solution enhances voice and data integration, allowing enterprises to control and expand their mobile business communication.
Business Communications Solution 3.2 offers a complete range of features and benefits, including:
End-user features and benefits
- Expanding business communication, with single identity reach and rich set of traditional PBX features, available as mobile extension services
- Adding voice and data integration, with presence and unified messaging, including instant and short messaging (IM/SMS), integrated voice mail, call recording, fax and conferencing
- Enhancing mobile experience, with mobile presence, online directory search, click-to-call, centralised contacts management and synchronised call logs across devices
- Enriching and unifying user experience, with a bleeding edge user interface
- Increased cost savings and control, with mobile least cost routing, advanced on-line reporting and usage statistics
- Enlarging user base and use cases, with tailored functions for assistant and contact centre agent call management, support for VoIP clients, IP phones, SIP hard phones
- Increasing customer satisfaction, with rich rule – role, location and activity – based call routing
Service provider and enterprise administrator features and benefits
- Simplifying configuration and management, with centralised web-based provisioning and corporate directory services, over-the-air deployment, configuration and remote diagnostics of devices and services, support for virtual hosting
- Enabling localized services, with multi-language and currency support
Telepo’s innovative business communication solutions have been specifically developed to enable mobility for users. Central to its design is ease of use, with an intuitive user interface and single identity. This enables a consistent service offering across locations and devices, such as mobile phones, softphones on PC’s, VoIP clients, IP phones and other desktop devices.
Telepo’s solutions are built on Linux and open IETF standards, such as SIP, HTTP and LDAP to offer interoperability with a wide range of endpoint devices, legacy mixed-vendor (PBX) infrastructures and other business applications, without additional investment and to provide a migration path to all-IP communications.
The solution istypically made available as a pay-per-license offering from operators and service providers.